Understanding Snackable Content in a Snackable Way
- Snackable content and media
- Consumers in the modern world
- 55% of people spend less than 15 seconds on a webpage when browsing the web
- The noisy, abundant media world has forced our attention spans to shrivel down to 8 seconds (wait, what were we talking about?)
- Snackable content can be in the form of articles, gifs, short videos, pictures, infographics, etc.
What do you do when you’re too hesitant to order that delicious triple pancake? You get a regular one instead and order more if you’re still hungry. What about when you’re intimidated by a big, heavy book that you have to read? You read a few pages at a time, right? You make it lighter. You make it snackable.
Snackable content is not about size or length, it’s about delivering the message in the simplest, most digestible form without compromising its true essence. Think of it as chips or candy that you eat on the go; you love it so much that you suddenly find yourself eating much more than you originally planned, but you don’t mind that because it’s really good!
Got anything to add? Leave a comment in the box below!